Thursday, December 30, 2010

In The Beginning...

Okay friends, here it is...my "official" cookie blog! I have been wanting to do this for a few months, but I just now got to it. I think it will be so much fun to post pictures of all the different kinds of cookies I get to make on here! Below is a post that I typed on our family blog back in October. It basically explains this whole crazy thing from the very beginning! Who knows what will come of all this, and if it will continue to be successful or not. I am just going to continue to take it one day at a time, and trust in the Lord. Thanks for taking the time to read my blogs, by the way!

Recently, I have been thinking a lot about how I could make a little extra money. After doing cookies for Mackenzie's class at ELP and for her birthday party, I got several compliments and encouragement that I could sell them. So, I am going to give it a try! I am praying that God will bless this new venture & we will see where it goes. I have already had a couple of orders, so I am excited! I love the cookie bouquet idea...I was blown away by how expensive they are to order online...anywhere from $60-$90. That's crazy! So $20-$30 for my cookie bouquets seems pretty reasonable to me. It isn't something that I want to turn into a huge business, but it would be nice to make a little money every now and then. I made a little flyer, and I am considering doing a Craft Fair in mid-November at our church. I am just a little afraid of the whole process...I don't want to attempt something & fail. But hey, sometimes you just have to step out in faith and take a chance. It may go nowhere, but I will have fun in the meantime! It is fun for me to say that I use my mom's recipe & really, these are her cookies. I even thought about calling this whole thing "Momma's Cookies" because of that. So many times, iced sugar cookies look good, but they don't taste very good...that is not the case here! I really love creating beautiful cookies, and I love it when people say, "They are so cute...and they taste good too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment